Sunday 20 July 2014

What Would You Do If Someone Gave You A $1,000 Tip? I Hope I’d Be As Generous As This Guy..

This is such an awesome story and I really wish that more people saw what this guy did and, hopefully, emulate him in similar circumstances. So, here is the lowdown.
Michael Shafts is an Albany, New York, waiter who this past Wednesday was in for the biggest surprise of his career. Right out of the blue, a customer left him a $1,000 tip on a $114 check — an 878-percent tip.
Mr. Shafts never thought that the couple that was celebrating a birthday at his The Ginger Man in Albany were planning such a surprise. But as they were getting ready to leave, the wife said to him quietly: “My husband has done something special for you”.
When the waiter, who works part time at the restaurant to complement his income from the other job he has at a local credit union, collected the check, he saw that the man had left him a personal message, along with an 878-percent tip. He told the Times Union:
It was surreal. I was shaking. I couldn’t feel my legs.
The unidentified customers had visited the The Ginger Man restaurant before but were not regulars. Mr. Shafts said that the couple had been celebrating the man’s 47th birthday and had ordered a bottle of 47-year-old wine. The personal message on the receipt read:
My birthday present to me. Pay it forward!
Needless to say, the waiter was shocked. He said:
I shook his hand, I hugged him twice, and I said it was too much, twice.
He insisted, twice, that he wanted to do it, that it was legitimate.
And here is the thing. Mr. Shafts shared more than half the tip with the restaurant’s staff. How generous is that?

1. A customer celebrating his birthday on Wednesday left server Michael Shafts a $1,000 tip.



2. Credit union worker Michael Shafts, who works part time at the Albany restaurant, was shocked by the generous tip.


3. The owners of The Ginger Man say the $1,000 tip is the largest any staff member has received.



4. Mr. Shafts said: “It was surreal. I was shaking. I couldn’t feel my legs”.



Share these heartwarming story of human generosity with your friends below — they will be touched by it.

Source - Vamshare.com
read more...
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2014 The Manasseh Post • All Rights Reserved.
Distributed By Free Blogger Templates | Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger
back to top